A number of projects provide support for Portals 4 as an underlying transport
engine. Please contact us if
you have a project you would like added to the list.
- Open MPI
- The Open MPI development trunk provides support for Portals 4 for
point to point, collectives, and one-sided communication. Open MPI 1.7, released
spring of 2013, includes point-to-point support for Portals 4, with support
for collectives and one-sided pexpected late in 2013.
The Open MPI page includes
instructions for obtaining and building the development trunk. The
--with-portals4=INSTALL_DIRECTORY is required
to build Portals 4 support.
- Work is ongoing to provide Portals 4 support for MPICH.
- Portals SHMEM
- Portals SHMEM provides an implementation of the OpenSHMEM 1.0 standard
over Portals 4. The implementation provides a complete implementation of the
C and FORTRAN bindings and does not require a SHMEM-level progress thread or function.
- GASNet 1.20.2 and later include Portals 4 support for the core API.
Extended API support will be released fall of 2013.
- Berkeley UPC - Unified Parallel C
- Berkeley UPC 2.16.2 includes Portals 4 support through GASNet..
- GNU UPC
- The GNU UPC project provides Portals 4 support through a port by Intrepid
Technologies, Inc. Instructions for compiling the Portals 4 runtime can be
- Qthreads is a lightweight threading library which utilizes Portals 4 for
multi-node thread spawning. The Portals 4.0/Qthreads integration work is
experimental and likely to see interface and semantic changes as the design
Top of page